Cortona is located 500 meters above the sea-level, placed on a hill area and dominating the Chiana valley.
And is the ideal destination for all the people looking for spiritual incentives and deep meditation: here you can find monumental churches, ancient monasteries, and harmonious and mystic landscapes.
The property was completely renovated in 2010, using materials of great value and typical of the rustic Tuscan tradition, such as the stone walls and wooden beams.
Currently used as a renting villa, and is therefore used for tourist accommodation purposes, but thanks to its proximity to Cortona and its immediate proximity to services, it is possible to use it both as a private home and as a holiday home.
The property has an LPG heating system, while the water supply is guaranteed by both a private well and a spring. The property also has the predisposition for the installation of solar panels.
The price is € 1.200.000 Negotiable.
Surrounded by its own land and Tuscan garden of approximately 2.5 hectares in total with a private avenue with an electric gate system. In total, according to the owner, more than 600 olive trees are all in production of excellent olive oil quality.
The first apartment is located on the ground floor.
It has a surface of about 80 sqm and is made up of a double bedroom, twin bedroom, a bathroom with shower, a big kitchen, which is separated from the living-room by a large arch made of brick, a living-room with a double sofa bed and a hot air fireplace. The apartment is equipped with a dishwasher, washing machine, electric oven, microwave oven, fridge and freezer. It also has a huge outfitted garden where you can have both breakfast and lunch.
The second apartment is located on the first floor and is accessible through an external staircase and a small loggia.
This apartment is characterized by high ceilings with chestnut wooden beams and terracotta tiles; it is the same size and structure of the lower apartment (double bedroom, twin bedroom, bathroom with shower, big kitchen, living-room with double sofa bed and fireplace).The apartment is equip-ped with dishwasher, washing machine, electric oven, microwave oven, fridge and free-zer. It also has a huge outfitted terrace (about 30 sq. m.) from where you can enjoy a wonderful view onto Lake Trasimeno, mount Amiata and mount Cetona.
There is a garage for two cars and several rooms. All utilities are already installed to make a guest house with 2 bedrooms and two bathrooms.
According to the current zoning plan until September 2023 of the municipality, the property can be enlarged by approximately 100 sqm. It is likely that this will also be possible later, but that is not 100% certain.
Please note, this may not be the properties exact location due to security reasons.
Cortona 1.5 km (20 minutes walking)
Railway 2.5 km
Montepulciano 29 Km
Castiglione del Lago 17 Km
Arezzo 30 Km
Lucignano 33 Km
Pienza 44 Km
Perugia 49 Km
Montalcino 67 Km
Assisi 68 Km
Siena 70 Km
Airport Perugia 60 km
Airport Florence 115 km
Airport Rome 210 km
Cortona is located 500 meters above the sea-level, placed on a hill area and dominating the Chiana valley. It was an Etruscan domain, and it is not a certainty when it became Roman: it was the year 450 when the Gothic conquered it: during the thirteenth century it became a free commune. During the year 1258 it was sacked and plundered by the city of Arezzo. Cortona could regain its autonomy only three years later. Later (1325) Cortona was ruled by Ranieri Casali Signoria and in 1409 by Ladislao, the king of Naples. Beginning from 1411 Cortona was given up to Florence. The town came from an old Etruscan area: it is possible to recognize the big walls put under the medieval ones. Cortona was well known thanks to the bronze production: we mention the 16 arms chandelier ( V century a.C.), unique for size and decoration, kept in the local Etruscan Academy Museum.
In the surroundings you can find important tobs: the Pitagora Tanella, a circular etruscan mausoleum with a vault covered cella and the Angori Tanella, with an inside Greek cross cella. At the foot of the town it is still possible to visit some tumulus called “Melons”, due to their shape and also many finds, as the well-known Tabula Cortonensis, a bronze table with one of the longest Etruscan inscription ever found (Museum of the Etruscan Academy). Cortona keeps a medieval appearance and an urban setting up, but the main buildings were reconstructed during the fifteenth-sixteenth century: the Cathedral, rebuilt by Giuliano from Sangallo and Cristofanello Sensi: the Magistrate and Town hall buildings, which are still keeping the original parts of the thirteenth-century, and so on. St. Domenico church (XIV-XV century) is Gothic with just one nave, ending up with three rectilinear apses: St. Francesco church (1248) exposes Cigoli, Pietro from Latina and Luca Signorelli paintings.