The Hamlet lies in the eastern part of Tuscany in Italy, which proudly sits on top of a densely wooded hill. This romantic vintage property is to be found on the hills halfway between Florence and Perugia, about 10 km from Arezzo.
The swimming pool is elegantly situated, with a bar and several terraces, offering complete privacy with panoramic views over the villa and the surrounding area. a seperated tennis court is nestled away in the greener area of the estate.
The hamlet had an important long history. The construction activities started in 972, by the will of Ugo Marquis.
The current family have owned the estate since 1999, and began a thorough and careful restoration work, respectful of the original architecture of the villa and the adjacent buildings.
In 2005 the hamlet was gven a new life. After more than ten centuries the name has remained the same, but now the building has become had been elegantly restored into it’s original state.
The hamlet is located near Ponte Buriano, the bridge of Leonardo’s Mona Lisa, and consists of about 988 acres (400 hectares) divided into:
1) CHIANTI DOCG VINEYARDS: Total of 74 acres (30 hectares) vineyards totally renovated, variety Cabernet Sauvignon – Sangiovese and Merlot.
2) OLIVE GROVES: Tuscan protected geographical indication about 74 acres (30 hectares) of Tuscan I.G.P. olive groves, varieties are Moraiolo, Leccino and Frantoiano. Its successfully participated in VINITALY in 2002 – international extra virgin olive oil section receiving great mention in the category light fruity extra virgin olive oil and the following year it was elected “first Italian oil” by the national newspaper “La Repubblica”.
3) ARABLE LAND: 173 acres (70 hectares). The land extends for an area of about 50 hectares are mostly flat, some flank the Arno river in its path.
4) WOODS AND PASTURES: 667 acres (270 hectares), ideal for a hunting reserve.
5) PROPERTY USED AS A BUSINESS CENTER: The agricultural company has recently built, choosing a barycentric location to the property, a building intended both for the storage of all the technical equipment, tractors and various machinery with accessories and for the storage of the company’s products.
There are old farming buildings located within the estate that are included in the sale.
The sizes are as followed:
Building 1: 4000 – building 2: about 2400 – Building 3: 3500: Total is approx 9,900 cubic meters
The Villa itself exudes great aesthetics which are difficult to convey on pictures, this estate is to be experienced. Just words would fail to describe it’s beauty.
In case of interest;
*) a letter of intent, such as an email stating your interest in the luxury estate.
*) a 10-days’ notice to prepare a property tour,
*) and proof of sufficient funds/ a bank statement are required.
There are various living rooms, halls, relaxation areas, bathrooms, dining rooms and a large kitchen etc. etc. All very spacious and very luxuriously furnished and finished with centuries-old frescoes, art, paintings, and many high-quality furniture.
The selling price: The main villa, the second villa with all the annexes and outside buildings and approximately 74 acres (30 hectares) of land surrounding the property is € 15,000,000.00
The price for the estate with the 400 hectares of land, the vineyards, the olive groves, the old farms, etc. etc. is € 22,000,000.00
Here’s a summary of the format:
In the mean villa there are 24 elegant and comfortable rooms of various types, from the executive suite, home of the Marquise Persichetti, and deluxe suites and to the junior suites. All of various sizes and colours.
In the second villa there are 4 luxury apartments. Ich apartment have 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room and a kitchen.
In the annexes in front of the villa there are 14 welcoming apartments with access from a private outdoor area. Each apartment has two spacious bedrooms with bathrooms and a living room and kitchen.
And there are several outbuildings and cellars for the storage of wines, tools, machinery and other garden items.
Please note, this may not be the properties exact location due to security reasons.
Giovi 2.8 km
Capolona 4.7 km
Arezzo 9 km
Siena 67 km
Bus stop 300 m
Sant’Egidio (PEG) 94.3 km
Peretola (FLR) 99.5 km
Tuscany, like a fine wine, has been some time in the making…
From the Etruscans to the Romans to the Renaissance, Tuscany is possibly the greatest repository of art in the world, from extraordinary paintings and sculpture to frescoes and architectural masterpieces.
Visitors to Tuscany come for many reasons. Many come in search of fine art, others to explore the extraordinary countryside. Gourmets and wine buffs descend on Tuscany to enjoy the simple yet wonderful cuisine and wine. Walkers enjoy the mountain paths, cyclists the rolling hills, summer vacationers the seacoast and islands.
There is a lot to see and do in Tuscany, the difficulty is really where to start. Certainly most should start with Florence, then continue on to Siena and Pisa. The roll call of città di arte, cities of art, is daunting: Arezzo, Cortona, San Gimignano and Lucca are all striking. The more you come to know the region, the more extraordinary Tuscany appears.